Product Announcement from Chromalox
Chromalox, Inc., a leading manufacturer of industrial heat and control systems, has introduced a new Large Tank Flange Heater (LTFX). This heater has low-watt-density, which provides even heating with precise control across the length of a tank. The LTFX is specifically designed for such applications as fire water storage, asphalt, bio-diesel, animal fats, and similar liquids.
The chief advantage of the model LTFX design is that the open-coil style elements (OCE) may be easily removed without draining the tank, requiring minimal or no process downtime. The elements may be bent to a vertical plane with as little as 36" of clearance, allowing for more efficient use of equipment layout in a floor-plan. This is ideal for operations which need 24-hour readiness.
Other features and cost-saving advantages:
- Each unit may be paired with a compatible control panel, which may be mounted in a remote location or installed directly on the LTFX heater, allowing for seamless installation and control.
- A standard, 150# ANSI-style flange provides easy installation with a straightforward mating connection that doesn't require special modifications.
- Each unit comes equipped with a type J thermocouple sensor for temperature sensing on a pipe wall.
- Powered by electricity, LTFX has no open flames, no pollution, no additional piping connections, operates quietly, and provides accurate control.
- LTFX units may be adapted to fit a custom installation which saves on-site fabrication time.
Connection Size: 4 to 14 in., 150# ANSI Flange
Immersion Length: 5 to 25 ft
Operating Temperatures: 0º to 750ºF
Element Rating: 4 to 240 kW
Voltage: 240 and 480 Vac., 3-Phase
Complete with Chromalox® controls, the LTFX may be operated with little or no manual attention. Heat can be controls by using strategically located sensors to monitor tank temperatures and to energize the heaters. The heating operation may be fully automated by using timers and controllers to program the start and stop of both off-peak and daytime heating functions.
For more information, go to www.chromalox.com or contact Chromalox at 1-800-443-2640.