Product Announcement from Cisco Systems, Inc.
The Cisco Industrial Ethernet 3000 (IE 3000) Series is a new family of switches that provide a rugged, easy-to-use, secure infrastructure for harsh environments. It features:
- Industrial design and compliance
- Tools for easy deployment, management, and replacement
- Network security based on open standards
- Integration of IT and industrial automation networks
The Cisco IE 3000 is an ideal product for industrial Ethernet applications, including factory automation, intelligent transportation systems (ITSs), and power utility substations.
- Rugged: Specifically designed for harsh environmental conditions that exceed the specifications of most commercial switching products including IEEE 1613 & IEC 61850 compliance
- Easy to use: Can be configured and managed at the touch of a button using either an onboard GUI tool or the PC-based Cisco Network Assistant
- Secure: Ensures that only authorized users and traffic can access and traverse the network
- Standards based: Ensures that the system will interoperate with other Ethernet-enabled devices and IP applications and enables integration between business office applications and industrial equipment