Product Announcement from Cisco Systems, Inc.
Cisco is pleased to introduce the new Cisco® Industrial Ethernet 3010 Series Switches. The Cisco Industrial Ethernet 3010 Series (IE 3010 Series) is a family of ruggedized, compact 1-rack unit (RU) rack-mountable, fixed configuration Layer 2 switches with Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) fiber aggregation and Power over Ethernet (PoE), which bring Cisco's leadership in switching to Industrial Ethernet applications with innovative features, robust security, and superior ease of use.
The Cisco IE 3010 Series features:
● Support for fiber aggregation (16 SFP ports) and PoE (8 PoE ports) configuration
● Design for Industrial Ethernet applications, including extended environmental, shock/vibration, and surge ratings; fanless convection cooling
● Complete set of AC/DC inputs and dual redundant power supply units
● Compact 1RU rack-mount and wall-mount options, both front and rear LED panels to allow reverse mounting and easy reading of switch status
● Easy switch replacement with the Swap Drive: a removable SD flash card, allowing the user to quickly replace a switch in the field
● Alarm relay contacts with four inputs and one Form-C output to meet various alarm needs
● Two types of management console port: RJ45 for serial connection and USB mini type B for USB connection
● Improved resiliency with the support of Cisco Resilient Ethernet Protocol (REP) for ring topology, and Flex Link, Link State Tracking, EtherChan el for other topologies
● Recommended software configuratnons for industrial applications preconfigured using Smartport macros
● Hardware ready to support IEEE1588v2, a precision timing protocol with nanosecond-level precision for highperformance applications
● High security using support of port-security, encrypted access (Secure Shell [SSH] Protocol, HTTPS, Simple Network Management Protocol Version 3 [SNMPv3]), and other network protection features
The Cisco IE 3010 Series is an ideal product for Industrial Ethernet applications, including factory automation, process automation and control, intelligent transportation systems (ITSs), rail transport, and mass transit.