New Cognex Image-Based Barcode Reader
Product Announcement from Cognex Corp.
The DataMan 500 is an advanced barcode reader that combines the benefits of image-based readers with the ease-of-use and cost of laser scanners for your postal, parcel and package sorting operations.
Find out how Image-based Barcode Readers are Transforming the Logistics Industry" by reading this white paper.
The DataMan 500 industrial barcode scanner was specially developed with these key advantages:
High read rates
- Image acquisition rates of up to 1,000 frames/second
- Read the 1D and 2D barcodes that laser scanners cannot with IDMax® code-reading technology
Unlike with lasers, with the DataMan 500 reader, you can:
- See what the reader sees,
- Review live images now or later with automatic FTP image transfer, and
- Easily diagnose "No reads" allowing for quick corrections on the line.
Long product life
DataMan 500 is designed with no moving parts!
Variable focus technology
The adjustable focus of the liquid lens gives the DataMan 500 maximum depth of field flexibility for even the highest speed applications. This proven new technology, already integrated into Cognex industrial readers, is reliable and fast and has good optical quality and low power consumption.
High-speed Ethernet communications
- Power over Ethernet (POE) eliminates a separate power supply or communication line
- Supports RS-232 for integration into legacy systems
Proprietary imaging technology
Through Cognex innovation, the DataMan 500 can do what no other system can-offer you an advanced image-based reader with the same ease of use and cost as traditional laser scanners