Product Announcement from Composites Group (The)
Quantum Composites R&D and pilot sample production capabilities have and continue to be at the fore front of our materials development activities. Our R&D capabilities range from development work on formulation modifications to meet a given set of application and performance requirements to research work on totally new development projects, partnerships and ground zero raw materials & technology evaluation.
Our development and formulating capabilities & experience include:
- Carbon fiber materials development - QCI continues to be the industry leader and pioneer in carbon fiber compression molding compounds.
- Glass fiber materials
- Hybrid glass and carbon materials
- Different glass fiber lengths - typically 1" but available from ¼" thru 2"
- Hybrid resin systems
- Colors for molded in part appearance
- Low density materials
- Conductive additives and enhancements
- Flame retardant additives
- FST - flame smoke and toxicity properties to meet aerospace cabin
interior and other transportation requirements.
- Unidirectional and woven continuous fibers using QCI resin systems for co molding with chopped fiber QCI materials.
- Co molding QCI random chopped materials with prepregs
- Phenolic ESCTM molding compounds