Measure and Control Assist Gas with CalorVal
Product Announcement from Control Instruments Corp.
Advanced combustion equipment such as flare stacks, boilers, oxidizers or turbine engines may need to optimize their burner efficiency for reduced fuel costs. A waste gas stream can supplement the fuel supply to achieve proper combustion while saving costs. The waste stream can consist of many renewable energy sources such as landfill gas, sludge, alcohol fuels or other biomass compounds that may be able to self-sustain the equipment without added fuel.
Continuous monitoring of the waste stream is necessary to identify the energy content or calorific value, to determine whether it can be used as a standalone fuel supply or whether it needs to be blended with the constant fuel source such as natural gas.
The CalorVal BTU Analyzer will accurately measure the direct BTU concentration of waste streams and provide the alarm set point to alternate between the waste stream and the constant fuel source quickly for uniterrupted fuel.
Features and Benefits:
- Compact Standalone System - Integrated Controller & Sampling System
- Real time: Direct measure of calorific value
- Fast: Less than 3.5 seconds cell response time
- Universal: Highly uniform response to a wide variety of combustibles
- Includes State-of-the-Art Electronics Plus Full Complement of Relays
- Continuous: Ongoing measurement, not batched
- Reliable: Not poisoned by process contaminant, water, corrosives, or organo-metallics
- Failsafe System Design
- Fully Heated: The entire analyzer's pneumatic assembly is heated which prevents condensation
- Class 1 Div 1 Flame Cell
- Advanced Self-Diagnostics
- Indoor & Outdoor Options
- On-Line Process Control
- Real-Time Measurement
- On Board Controls
- Bio Gas
- Chemical Processing
- Digester Gas
- Ethanol Plants
- Ethanol Production
- Gas Distribution
- Gas Pipeline Facilities
- Hydrocarbon Processing (HPI) - Refining & Ethylene
- Landfill Gas
- Lime Kilns
- Low BTU Waste Streams
- Petroleum Production
- Petroleum Refining
- Pilot Plants
- Process Vents
- Recovery Boilers
- Research & Development Facilities
- Wood Products
Download "Continuous Monitoring of the Calorific Value of Mixed Gaseous Fuels" white paper.
Visit our website to find out how we can help you select the safest, most efficient & economical system for your application.