Polymers & Processes
Product Announcement from Crown Plastics Co., Inc.
Crown Plastics manufactures the DuraSurf™ family of UHMW solutions and we have the distinction of being the only producer of UHMW in continuous rolls with stock gauges from 003″ up to 1/4″ and in any lengths (stock rolls are 100′ and 200′ coils).
Crown can also slit material to any width including Metric between 1/4″ and 24″ thereby eliminating waste and extra fabrication on the part of the customer.
The high molecular weight is what gives UHMW Polymers a unique combination of characteristics making it more suitable for many applications where lower molecular weight grades fail.
- The highest abrasion resistance of any thermoplastic polymer
- Outstanding impact strength even at very low temperatures
- An excellent sliding material due to the low coefficient of friction
- Self-lubricating (non-caking and sticking)
- Sound dampening properties
- Good chemical and stress cracking resistance
- Easily machined
- Electrical insulating material (static reduced available)
- FDA and USDA approved
Crown Plastics headquartered in Harrison, Ohio (Cincinnati) in a 55,000 square foot, ISO 9001:2008 certified, manufacturing facility has been delivering advanced thermoplastic solutions since 1973. In 2008, Crown Plastics expanded internationally with the addition of a manufacturing operation in Xiamen, China.