Lightning & Surge Arresters - Blitzductor® XT
Product Announcement from DEHN, Inc.
The Blitzductor® XT is a family of Surge Protection Devices (SPDs) for use on measurement and control, instrumentation and signal circuits to protect those circuits from the effects of lightning and other caused transients. Individual pluggable modules that are specifically designed for the unique characteristics of those circuits fit into a universal DIN rail mounted base that is wired to the system.
The Bltzductor® XT is a family of Surge Protection Devices (SPDs) for use on measurement and control, instrumentation and signal circuits. These SPDs are rated for lightning current discharges characterized by a 10/350 µsec wave forms, yet with e ability to reduce the residual voltage to extremely low protection levels. The SPD modules are specifically designed for the characteristics of the circuit they are intended to be applied to, and are inserted into a DIN rail mounted universal base that is wired to the system it protects. The modules are designed for 2, 3 or 4 conductor wiring and with direct or indirect grounding of the shield conductor for the 2 wire module. The modules are designed for both differential and common mode circuits.
Unique to SPDs for these type of non-power application is the ability to continually monitor, or periodically check the status of the SPD by using DEHN’s Lifecheck ®RFID technology.
Features & Benefits:
- Lightning current discharge capacity for 2-pole, 3-pole or 4-pole interfaces with minimum space requirements
- extremely low protection levels achieved by optimal design of multi component system
- 2-pole SPD modules, available with direct or indirect grounding of the shield conductor
- Integrated 3-stage monitoring system for all protective circuit components with early warning function via LifeCheck®
- Allows for easy non-contact testing and monitoring of the SPD modules by reading out with portable DRC LC testing device or stationary condition monitoring device
- Vibration- and shock-proof design for safe operation
- For differential and common mode circuits
- SPD modules are inserted into a universal DIN rail mounted base assembly that provides circuit continuity even when the module is removed