Product Announcement from Douglas Electrical Components
The development of magnetic bearing technology has advanced the science of high-speed rotating machinery ranging from compressors to flywheels. However, magnetic bearings demand a vacuum environment at the risk of catastrophic failure or loss of efficiency. Douglas hermetic feedthroughs allow power, control and monitoring signals to flow in and out of the vacuum environment while maintaining the integrity of the vacuum. In the critical world of turbines, magnetic bearing compressors and flywheel farms, Douglas quality provides mission critical sealing.
- All types of shielded conductors can be sealed directly to any vacuum flange. Multiple cable assemblies are easily accommodated.
- Fiberoptic cables can be hermetically sealed to virtually any flange.
- Hermetic feedthru combined with a jacket seal. For use in magnetic bearing applications to contain heat transfer fluid and provide a vacuum seal flywheel power.
- High-pressure d-sub potcon feedthru. Used to contain refrigerant at high pressures from escaping to the atmosphere.
- Multi-circuit cable feedthrus can seal up to 128 wires, 10ft.long. Custom units are available.
- Radial o-ring feedthru designed for quick install and color coded for easy direct wiring at customer site.
- Unlimited thermocouple pairs, E, J and K in flanges, lead lengths to 10 ft. are standard, with custom lengths readily available.
For more information, Contact Douglas Electrical Components