Reduce Weight and CO2 Emissions with BETAMATE
Product Announcement from Dow Automotive Systems
Providing high performance adhesion to a vast range of materials, BETAMATE™ structural adhesives can help improve vehicle durability and reduce weight while providing cost savings. BETAMATE structural adhesives replace welds and mechanical fasteners, helping reduce fatigue and failure commonly found around spot welds and fasteners.
- Contributes to lightweight design flexibility and safety of the whole vehicle
- Joins dissimilar and hard-to-weld substrates, including high-strength steel, aluminum and magnesium
- Improves durability by reducing fatigue and failure commonly found around spot welds and fasteners
- Seals against environmental conditions that cause corrosion
- Potential to lower cost by reducing welds and gauge, without losing mechanical properties
- Lab- and full-vehicle testing of new-generation crash-resistant structural adhesives show improved crash-resistant performance without any weight increase
The ability to join similar and dissimilar substrates makes BETAMATE structural adhesives ideal for use in door, hood, deck lid flanges, engine compartments, cockpits, roof panels, rails, trailer flooring and other load-bearing members.
As a continuous bondline, swirled, sprayed and extruded. Technical Service and Development is offered to assure proper application techniques.
For additional information on how Dow Automotive materials can be applied to meet your specific needs please contact us.
Structural Bonding of Lightweight Cars - Chinese (1.68 MB PDF)
Structural Bonding of Lightweight Cars - Japanese (2.18 MB PDF)
Structural Bonding of Lightweight Cars - Korean (2.22 MB PDF)
Dow Automotive Systems was recognized as a key supplier in the development of the 2012 Nissan NV commercial van at a recent SAE Detroit Section meeting. BETAMATE™ structural adhesive from Dow Automotive Systems was selected for its superior performance throughout the structure of the vehicle. Learn more here.