Product Announcement from DuPont™ Capstone® Repellents and Surfactants
DuPont™ Capstone® Fluorosurfactants
Grade 1440 is a blend of perfluorinated and hydrocarbon surfactants consisting of film-forming and foaming additives used in water-based portable extinguishers and/or in aqueous film-forming foam (AFFF) concentrates. 1440 enables the formation of an aqueous film capable of spreading on the surface of burning fuels. It is made through a telomerization process vs. an electrochemical fluorination process.
1440 is particularly effective as an additive in water-based portable extinguishers against fires of class A , class B and class F/K. 1440 could also be used as a main component for AFFF and alcohol-resistant formulations (AR-AFFF) against hydrocarbons and polar liquid fires.
Fire fighting foams made with DuPont™ Capstone® fluorinated surfactants help to extinguish fires quickly, helping to protect assets and personnel. They are effective with only a small quantity of foam used to put out a fire, which results in less wastewater.
1440 is suitable for almost all international standards of portable extinguishers, potentially reaching the highest ranking.
DuPont™ Capstone® Repellents and Surfactants:
- Deliver more sustainable solutions with maximum performance
- Are short-chain molecules that cannot break down to PFOA in the environment
- Are supported by an in-depth foundation of data
- Are in compliance with REACH requirements
- Are listed on TSCA inventory
- Meet the goals of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency 2010/15 PFOA Stewardship Program