Product Announcement from DuPont™ Krytox® Performance Lubricants
Krytox® aerospace lubricants have demonstrated the broad applicability to replace hundreds of purpose-formulated conventional oils and greases throughout the aerospace and aviation industries through the state-of-the-art fluoropolymer technology of DuPont.
Krytox® aerospace lubricant was first developed by DuPont in the 1960s to meet the exacting lubrication specifications of the aerospace industry.
- Suborbital, Orbital, and Deep Space Flight -- Reliability and long service life of mission-critical mechanical components in the face of high vacuum, temperature extremes, contact with fuels and oxidizers, and radiation exposure
- Commercial, Corporate, and Military Aviation -- Reduced maintenance requirements, improved safety and reliability, compliance with a wide range of military specifications
Based on DuPont-patented fluoropolymer technology, Krytox® performance lubricants have demonstrated the broad applicability to replace hundreds of purpose-formulated conventional oils and greases throughout the aerospace industry with properties such as:
- DuPont™ Krytox® 240AB and 240AC grease grades are NSF H1 certified for incidental food contact for use in and around food processing areas
- Wide temperature ranges: -70 to 399°C (-100 to 750°F)
- Robust resistance to change in properties over time, in the face of harsh environmental conditions such as shock, vibration, heat and pressure; aggressive chemical environments, including rocket fuels and oxidizers; and intense radiation exposure
- Resistance to vaporization losses in the vacuum of high-altitude flight, orbit, and deep space
- Excellent frictional properties for long wear and low energy consumption
- Compatibility with all metals, elastomers, plastics, paints and finishes
- World-class technical service
General Aerospace Lubricant Applications
- Bearings -- all types
- Seals -- valves and pumps
- O-rings -- sealants, lubricants
- Oxgen systems -- valve and pump packing seals, mechanical seals and connectors
- Rocket engines, liquid fueled -- turbines, gimbals, pumps, gears, valves with fuel/oxidizer exposure
Literature on Krytox® Aerospace Lubricants
- DuPont™ Krytox® 240 AZ, AB, and AC greases meet Mil-PRF-27617 Type I, II, and III specifications.
- Typical Properties of Krytox® Aerospace Grade Oils and Greases
- Solvents for Krytox®
Please click on the links for more information or request a quote today!