Product Announcement from ERICO
UTB-DP Universal Transient Barrier
ERICO offers the UTB-DP (dual pair), a hybrid, multi-stage clamping circuit to help ensure the best possible protection to sensitive electronic equipment while maintaining a minimum of line interference and insertion losses.
The UTB-DPS (dual pair - single power supply, single data pair) is specifically designed for applications where compact protection is required for one signal pair and one power supply, common in powered transducer applications. The UTB-DPS combines both these protection circuits in one compact package.
* Compact universal transient barrier provides protection for low-voltage circuits and transducers
* Separate plug-and-base design; hot-swappable feature allows ease of module replacement
* Compact, slimline two-pair housing 12 mm wide
* Multi-stage protection – fine over-voltage protection helps ensure lowest residual surge voltages reach sensitive equipment
* Common-mode and differential-mode protection protects against both possible surge conditions
* Ease of grounding through DIN mounting rail or via terminal
* Surge rating to 20 kA 8/20 μs – ideal for exposed wiring
* UTB-DPS model designed for compact protection of signal and power supply in one compact housing
* Allows for protection of 50 analog signals or 100 digital signals per linear foot of DIN rail space
The UTB series is designed to provide transient protection for equipment from surges induced onto balanced pair signal lines or low-voltage AC or DC power supplies. The compact series is well suited for applications where panel space is limited, yet provides similar protection performance when compared to the UTB Modular series. They are well suited to the protection of industrial equipment, such as PLCs and SCADA systems.