Definite Purpose Contactors
Product Announcement from Eaton Corporation - Power Control & Logic Components
Eaton's Cutler-Hammer line of Definite Purpose products includes compact single- and two-pole devices as well as standard frame devices up to 360 amperes. In addition to the standard Definite Purpose line, a heavy-duty special purpose contactor with voltage ranges up to 1500 amperes and full load current ranges through 250 amperes is available.
Definite Purpose Contactors are electrically operated switching devices specifically designed for the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC) industry. They are typically controlled by automatic, i.e. thermostat, control or manual, i.e. pushbutton, interfaces.
They are most commonly found in applications such as refrigeration, air conditioning and resistance heating (HVAC). They are suitable for a wide range of other low-cycle duty applications requiring low cost switching of single- and three-phase loads. The universal mounting plate eliminates changing hole patterns when replacing competitive devices
In addition to HVAC, these compact and relatively low cost devices can be found in the following applications:
- Pool and spa
- Food processing
- Pumps and compressors
- Hoists and cranes
- Battery chargers
- Printing presses
- Power supplies
- Vending machines
- Agricultural applications
- Universal mounting plate is common through 75 amperes
- Variety of terminal styles for specific application needs
- Snap-on accessories require no tools
- Simple coil change
- Convenient non-position sensitive mounting Benefits
- Low cost contactor solution
- Complete line of contactors from 15A to 360A for all your application needs
- Hassle-free installation and maintenance
For more information on DP Contactors, visit Eaton's Product Page or click the email button on the right side of this page.