Soft Magnetic and EMI/RF Shielding Alloys
Product Announcement from Ed Fagan, Inc.
Ed Fagan, Inc. has a large and comprehensive inventory of Soft Magnetic and EMI/RF Shielding Alloys. Soft magnetic alloys are easily magnetized and demagnetized. They are uniquely suited for specialized applications that require high permeability, low losses, and low residual magnetism.
Only several alloy families meet these characteristics. These include certain nickel-irons, silicon-irons, cobalt-irons, ferritic stainless steels, and pure iron. Selection of a particular alloy requires careful consideration.
EFI's line of Soft Magnetic alloys includes:
- EFI Alloy 79 (also known as Magnifer 7904, HyMu 80, Hipernom, Moly-Permalloy, and Permalloy 80). Ed Fagan Inc. stocks EFI Alloy 79 in Rod, Annealed Sheet, and Annealed Strip/Coil.
- EFI Alloy 50 (also known as Magnifer 50, Carpenter High Permeability 49, Alloy 47-50). Ed Fagan Inc. stocks EFI Alloy 50 in Rod, Square Bar, and Annealed Strip/Coil, and Rotor Grade Strip/Coil.
- Hiperco 50. Ed Fagan Inc. stocks Hiperco 50 in Rod and Strip/Coil
- Vim Var Core Iron (also known as Carpenter Consumet Core Iron). Ed Fagan Inc. stocks Vim Var Core Iron in Rod.
- Radiometal 4550. Ed Fagan Inc. stocks in Rod, Strip/Coil Hard Rolled Inlac Coated, Strip/Coil Hard Rolled Uncoated, and Strip/Coil Annealed Uncoated
We can cut, slit, shear, or center less grind materials to your exact specifications, and we also have tremendous versatility when it comes to custom sizes, packages, and unusual materials. If you do not see the size or form of these alloys that you require, please contact us.
If you need Soft Magnetic and EMI/RF Shielding Alloys or other special purpose alloys for high technology applications (e.g. specialty transformer laminations and cores, toroidal tape wound cores, high quality motor laminations, stepping motors, highly efficient motors, electrical generators, pole pieces for electromagnets, magnetic bearings, and high magnetic flux devices, specialized electronic devices -- LF power transducers, chokes, relay parts, solenoids & oscillators -- etc.), call Ed Fagan Inc. All standard in-stock Soft Magnetic and EMI/RF Shielding Alloys items can be shipped within 24 hours - and are often shipped the same day - and all materials can be certified with shipment.
About Ed Fagan Inc.
ED FAGAN INC. supplies the highest quality special purpose metals and alloys for Aerospace/Aviation, Defense, Electronics, Magnetic, Medical, Lighting, Optical, Telecommunications, Ceramics, Heat Treating, and other high-technology industries.
We have an extensive inventory of Controlled Expansion Alloys, Electrical/Electronic Nickel, Soft Magnetic Alloys, and Refractory Metals and Alloys. We stock these materials in a wide variety of forms including Sheet, Plate, Coil/Strip, Rod, Bar, Wire and Foil; and in many thicknesses, diameters, widths/lengths and tempers for immediate delivery.