Product Announcement from Electri-Flex Company
SHIELD-FLEX shields sensitive equipment and circuits from EMI/RFI emissions, both ingress and egress. But shielded conduit doesn't just keep interference out; it also keeps emissions in, which is vital to meeting European CE standards - an important issue for OEMs.
Connector assemblies include a grounding ferrule that contacts the conduit's internal metallic material with the connector body, producing a direct shield-to-drain (ground) simply by tightening the connector. It's flexibility and simple assembly means it takes less time to install. It uses off-the-shelf (OTS) connectors that are less expensive than high-end, mil spec shielded conduit that require costly custom fittings.
Known applications with EMI/RFI concerns:
· High Frequency cables and or Coils
· Variable Frequency Drives in close proximity to other controls or devices
· Where communications are extremely sensitive and need to be protected from intrusion by unwanted parties.
· In applications where large pumps, motors, and or generators are located in or around sensitive electronic equipment.
· Where TEMPEST, MIL STD 461E, CE, or UL standards require a low amount of electromagnetic emission from the device and or project.
· Military Radios and communications equipment
· Military Shelters
· Navy and Commercial vessels
· Military Ground Vehicles
· Wind Energy systems
· Wireless Communication Towers
· Mining equipment and for power cables within mines
All versions can be manufactured with halogen-free jacketing material, using a HF prefix.
· Good Shielding: Type SLA®, UL Listed, is a flexible steel conduit with a galvanized steel core, over which a tinned copper shielding braid is applied. The outer jacket is flexible PVC with a temperature rating of -30°C to 80°C Dry/60C Wet/70C Oil while the braid offers a minimum of 90% shielding coverage.
· Better Shielding: Type EMS® offers a better shielding effectiveness than Type SLA with a temperature rating of -55° C to 105° C. EMS features a flexible core constructed of a helically wound, fully interlocked strip of bronze. An all-temperature PVC jacket is extruded over the core, resulting in a sealed, waterproof raceway when assembled with liquidtight fittings.
· BEST Shielding: Type EMCS® is a hybrid of SLA and EMS because it utilizes the same bronze core and PVC jacket as EMS but gets further screening protection from a tinned copper braid as found in the SLA product. Type EMCS offers the same working temperatures as EMS.
To receive more information on Electri-Flex' line of Shielding Conduits, please visit www.electriflex.com, or email Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Electri-Flex Company, a leader in electrical conduit design and manufacture for more than 55 years, produces Liquatite®, the most diverse line of liquidtight flexible electrical conduits in the industry. The company offers custom design, engineering, quality assurance and testing capabilities. For more information on Electri-Flex Company, call (630) 529-2920 or (800) 323-6174; fax: (630) 529-0482; e-mail: email@example.com; visit: www.electriflex.com; or write: 222 West Central Avenue, Roselle, IL 60172-1994.