Custom-Made Split Collar Pulser Wraps for Shafts
Product Announcement from Electro-Sensors, Inc.
Standard Pulser Wraps are PVC, aluminum, or stainless steel split collars with magnets mounted on the outside circumference. The magnets serve as targets for Hall Effect, and Magnetoresistive sensors that switch when exposed to magnetic fields.
• Standard wraps rated up to 3,000 rpm
• Standard wraps available in PVC, aluminum, or stainless steel
• Ceramic magnets or steel targets are mounted around the circumference of the wrap
• No machinery tear-down required for mounting
• Five types of wraps fit most applications
• High speed wraps available
All wraps are custom machined to the diameter of the monitored shaft, and are split into halves. This splitting process allows the wrap to clamp tightly onto the shaft without tearing down any equipment to install them. The halves are secured around the shaft with recessed Allen head socket screws (supplied). Standard pulser wraps provide magnetic targets that are strong enough to allow gap distances up to 1/2 inch when used with an Electro-Sensors Hall effect sensor. The wrap and sensor system forgives slight misalignment of the sensor, machinery vibration, dirty, wet, or greasy environments, and shaft end play.