20 Channel ST Fiber AB Switch w/Gang Operation
Product Announcement from Electro Standards Laboratories
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, ST Simplex
QuickSwitch® 6265 20-Channel ST Simplex Fiber Optic A/B Switch with Gang Operation
- Multiple 20-Channel units may be cascaded together and all Gang-Switched simultaneously!
- PORT CONNECTORS: (60) ST Simplex connectors (A group of three labeled A, B, and COMMON for each of the 20 channels).
- GANG CONNECTORS: (1) RJ45 female connector labeled IN (gang port in from previous unit) and (1) RJ45 female connector labeled OUT (gang port out to next unit).
- WAVELENGTH: 850 nm
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (2) Manual pushbutton allows local switching. (1) Gang pushbutton allows the gang mode of the unit to be changed.
- DISPLAY: (2) Red LED's indicate the position, (1) Yellow LED indicates the gang mode, (1) Green LED indicates the present power status.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60 Hz, wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 19" W x 3.5" H x 12" D (48.3 x 8.9 x 30.5cm)
- WEIGHT: 6.2 lbs (2.8 kg)
- Each of the (20) channels allows quick connection to any one of two ST fiber optic interface devices from one COMMON device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology.
- Simultaneous control of all channels.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Gang operation allows all connected units in Gang Mode to stay synchronized in the same position.
- Front panel LED's display present position, Gang Mode, and power status.
- All A, B, and COM ports are ST Simplex, Multi-mode, 62.5/125 micron, and support a wavelength of 850nm.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Gang-Connect Multiple Model 6265 switch units to simultaneously switch 40 channels, 60, channels, 80 channels...etc!
- Custom length rigorously tested and certified, ST fiber optic cables available for your switch installation.
The QuickSwitch® 6265 20-Channel Fiber Optic ST Simplex A/B Switch with Gang Operation allows a device connected to the "COM" port access to the A or B port, for each channel. The QuickSwitch® 6265 is enclosed in a 2U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to fit in a standard 19" rack.
The switch may be controlled manually via the front panel pushbuttons. Gang operation, when enabled, allows all units in the gang to stay synchronized in the same position. Switch position state may be attained via the front panel LED's.
Wide Range Power Option Available: (Cat. No. 517277) CE, RoHS and UL listed table mount power module,100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Order Electro Standards Laboratories Custom Length ST Fiber Optic Cables!
All Electro Standards Labs cables are performance tested and certified!
TO READ THE ARTICLE: "HOW TO DETERMINE THE RIGHT FIBER OPTIC NETWORK BACKUP SWITCH FOR YOUR APPLICATION", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view this file.
QuickSwitch® registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: email@example.com, or complete our On-Line Custom Fiber Optic Switch Form:http://www.electrostandards.com/Products-Custom/Fiber-Switch/
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica , switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.