Product Announcement from Element Materials Technology
Sour service corrosion testing
Corrosion in pipelines or other equipment used in oil and gas production, oil and gas transmission, and energy conversion can be catastrophic. "Sour service testing" or H2S testing is a specialized corrosion testing service that helps solve costly problems such as corrosion fatigue, weight loss corrosion, pitting corrosion, stress corrosion cracking, sulfide stress cracking or SSC, and hydrogen-induced cracking or HIC.
Accredited to ISO/IEC 17025 by A2LA
In 2009, Element built a new sour service laboratory in Houston, Texas, that enables our corrosion experts to perform materials qualification and testing in accordance with National Association of Corrosion Engineers or NACE MR0175/ISO 15156 requirements. Element's sour service testing laboratory is accredited to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA).
Sour service corrosion experts and consultants
Element's sour service lab is staffed by professional corrosion engineers, failure analysts, and chemists. These experts provide businesses like yours with information to make good decisions about materials selection, corrosion prevention, treatment, and processes for virtually all industrial situations.
NACE C-Ring, DCB, HIC, FPB, and SSC testing
Element offers the following sour service materials qualification and testing methods:
- NACE TM0177 Method A: Uniaxial Tension
- EFC Publication 16, Appendix 2: Four Point Bend or FPB testing
- NACE TM0177 Method C: C-Ring testing
- NACE TM0177 Method D: Double Cantilever Beam or DCB testing
- NACE TM0284 Hydrogen-Induced Cracking or HIC testing
- SSC Region 1, 2, or 3, and application-specific environments can be accommodated
Element's sour service testing capabilities also include:
- DNV-OS-F101 supplementary requirements for sour service
- API 5L 44th Edition - additional provisions for PSL 2 pipe
- NPL Report DEPC MPE 007
- Client-specific R&D e.g. API PRAC Small-Pipe testing
Critical corrosion services and consulting
Element supports your quality program with:
- Investigation and identification of corrosion and its causes on your parts, products, or equipment
- Consultation with your engineering or quality team
- Identification and definition of manufacturing or materials problems
- Definition of research protocols
- Advice on design process improvements
- Development of specifications
Learn about corrosion and corrosion testing
Additionally, Element Materials Technology can organize and conduct training seminars on corrosion testing or other subject areas, as well as provide expert witness testimony.
Want to learn more about corrosion testing or other services we offer? Send us your question for a quick response.
Element locations offering sour service testing services:
- Element Houston. Contact us at 713-692-9151 or firstname.lastname@example.org