Automate 10-step dilutions of Calibration gases
Product Announcement from Environics, Inc.
The Series 2010 automatically performs standard ten-step dilutions of all calibration gases in accordance with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency protocols. The 2010 may also be used to generate calibration standards in user specified concentrations (%, ppm or ppb) by dynamic dilution of higher concentration source cylinders.
This system stands out from competitors in its ability to generate infinitely varied concentrations within the operating range of the instrument, protecting your investment and giving you the needed flexibility should standards change.
The mixes are highly repeatable and unlike many dividers, the Environics system is accurate to +/-1% of setpoint.
The Series 2010 consists of a single chassis supporting three thermal mass flow controllers, a serpentine pre-mix zone and a zero dead space final mixing zone. All gas wetted surfaces are electropolished stainless steel, and seals are gas compatible elastomers. The instruments mass flow controllers are factory calibrated using a primary flow standard traceable to the United States National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
Commands are entered from the front panel and displayed on a back-lit 25 x 80 character LCD display. Calibration sequences are stored in the internal microprocessor memory for recall by the keypad, optional RS-232 communication or optional status interface.
The Series 2010 is available in either a bench top or an optional 19" rack mount chassis.
PRODUCT FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Automated 10 step divide mode which allows user to specify divide points, dwell time and sequence provides operational flexibility and saves technician time.
- 3 mass flow controller design which allows the user to go as low as a 1% step (% of cylinder gas concentration) with no loss of accuracy. The user can generate a wider range of standards with each cylinder thus saving on gas costs.
- Optional RS-232 Serial Data Interface and status outputs permit integration with existing and future automotive emissions test benches.
- Gas mixing on a mass flow basis eliminates complicated pressure controls and inaccuracies due to critical orifice erosion and temperature variations.
- Internally-stored mass flow controller calibration data improves accuracy by as much as a factor of ten and simplifies field recalibration.
- Optional ozone generator and gas phase titration module allows the user to automatically check NOX converter efficiency without investing in a second instrument.