Product Announcement from Environics, Inc.
The Environics® Series 9100 Computerized Ambient Monitoring Calibration System is an advanced microprocessor controlled instrument for dynamic calibration of ambient air analyzers.
Now Available!! The 9100 can now be calibrated at reduced ozone levels of 0 to .4 ppm at 16 LPM. To learn more on a new 9100 or calibration at this range, contact us!
The Environics 9100 is the unit of choice in the Air Quality Monitoring Programs of the EPA and California Air Resource Board (CARB). Read more about their protocols at:
** Now available with a 3rd Mass Flow Controller!
The Series 9100 automatically performs zero, precision, span and multi-point calibrations using NO, NO2, SO2, CO, O3, hydrocarbons and other gases of interest. The Series 9100 exceeds all U.S. Environmental Protection Agency requirements.
The Series 9100 consists of a single chassis supporting up to 3 thermal mass flow controllers, an ozone generation module, a mixing zone, a reaction chamber for gas phase titration, and control electronics.
Commands are entered from the front panel and displayed on a backlit 25 line by 80 character liquid crystal display. The instrument may also be operated using contact closures or an RS-232 serial data interface.
The mass flow controllers are calibrated to a NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) traceable primary flow standard. The calibration data consists of a comparison of desired versus actual flow over the full dynamic range of the instrument, with linear interpolation between points. Calibration data is stored in the non-volatile memory and may be updated by the user with a suitable standard.
The Series 9100 ozone generator is factory calibrated using a NIST traceable ozone standard. This temperature controlled, ultra-violet (UV) based ozone generator includes a precision photo-optical feedback circuit to compensate for lamp aging effects as well as built-in pressure compensation.
The Series 9100 is available in either a standard 19" rack mount or bench top configuration.
PRODUCT FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- 25 line by 80 character display permits editing and viewing of an entire seven-day schedule of calibration events in worksheet format.
- Automatic calculation of dilution and span gas flows based on commanded concentration eliminates the need for manual computation and allows rapid transition from point to point.
- Internally-stored mass flow controller calibration data improves accuracy by as much as a factor of ten and simplifies field recalibration.
- Internally-stored ozone generator calibration data insures linear, repeatable ozone generation without photometer control. Ozone generator performance exceeds U.S. EPA criteria for ozone transfer standards.
- Ozone generator pressure compensation insures repeatable ozone generation at a flow rate and back pressure other than that at which it was originally calibrated.
The Series 9100 has six primary routines.
- Concentration Mode: User enters Target Output Gas Concentration (ppm or %) for the span gas. The actual concentration is displayed during mixing.
- Flow Mode: User enters Target Flow Rate (cc's or liters per minute) for the span gas and dilution gas. Actual flow rates are displayed after mixing is initiated.
- Volts Mode: User enters a command voltage to the mass flow controller and the ozone generator. The actual voltage is displayed during operation.
- Program Mode: Permits multi-event programming and unattended automatic operation of the instrument over a seven-day schedule.
- Calibrate Mode: User enters new calibration data for each mass flow controller and ozone generator. (Can be password protected)
- Maintain Ports: User enters the name of the span gas in the source cylinder, its concentration (ppm) and the port to which the cylinder is connected.
Mass Flow Controllers (as a percent of setpoint)*
From 10 to 100% of Full Scale Flow
Concentration: ± 1.0%
Flow: ± 1.0%
Flow Repeatability: 0.05%
Warm up time: 30 minutes
Response time: 30 seconds to ±2.0% of Setpoint
*Mass flow controllers are calibrated using a NIST Traceable Primary Flow Standard, using a reference temperature of 25°C (77°F) and a reference pressure of 760 mm Hg (29.92 in. Hg).
Concentration Range: 0.5 - 1.25ppm at 10 slpm
Accuracy: ±2% or ±0.005ppm at 10 slpm
30 day repeatability: ±2% or ±0.005ppm
Balance: One external ¼" Swagelok*
Span(s): One external ?" Swagelok*
One external ¼" Swagelok*
* (or compatible fitting)
Operating Pressures at inlets (flow dependent)
Minimum: 10 psig (0.67 Bar)
Recommended: 25 psig (1.68 Bar)
Maximum: 150 psig (9.87 Bar)
MFC's: Stainless Steel
Operating temperature: 32° - 122° F (0° - 50° C)
Performance temperature: 59° - 95° F (15° - 35° C)
Minimum: 35 lbs. (16 Kg.)
Maximum: 40 lbs. (18 Kg.)
Dimensions (w x h x d)
Portable: 17" x 7" x 23.5"
(43.18 cm x 17.78 cm x 59.69 cm)
Rack: 19" x 7" x 23.5"
(48.26 cm x 17.78 cm x 59.69 cm)
Standard: 115 VAC (100 to 130 VAC), 50/60 Hz
Optional: 220 VAC (200 to 260 VAC), 50/60 Hz
Current: 3 Amps (maximum)
Inmos T 400 series, 32 bit processor
12 bit A/D and D/A conversion
Front panel membrane keypad
Internal timer control
Optional RS-232 serial data interface
Optional Status board interface
Other communications options available
Optional RS-232 port serial data interface
Optional Parallel printer port (Centronics compatible)
- Rack Mount
- Extra Gas Inlets (maximum of six total)
- Additional MFC (maximum of three total)
- RS-232 Serial Data Interface
- Solenoid Valve on Output
- Status Board
- Permeation Oven
Viton® is a registered trademark of Dupont Dow Elastomers
Environics® : World Leader in Computerized Gas Mixing, Dilution and Calibration Systems Utilizing Precision Thermal Mass Flow Controllers
Environics is a world leader in computerized gas flow instrumentation. Our headquarters for design, manufacturing, sales and service is located in a modern 11,000 square foot facility in Tolland, Connecticut. We are ISO 9001 certified, having received ISO 9001 Quality Systems Certification in April, 1997.
We are a profitable, privately held company, founded in 1986 and incorporated in the State of Delaware. As of April 2011, we are a Women Owned business, certified through the Woman Owned Small Business Program run by the United States SBA. Our five-year projections show continued growth through the introduction of new products and product innovations. All service is handled factory direct. Sales are handled direct and by selected manufacturers representatives and distributors worldwide.
At Environics, we are dedicated to customer service before, during and after your system is built. We stand by our systems and believe in building long-term relationships with our customers.