Product Announcement from Epsilon Technology Corp.
These extensometers use a high temperature capacitive sensor in combination with an innovative design to achieve high accuracy strain measurements in low measuring ranges not possible with other high temperature extensometers. They mount on a slide bracket (included) that can attach to the load frame of your test system; optional load frame mounting brackets are available. The standard temperature version (to 1200 °C) is supplied with high purity alumina rods. The high temperature option is furnished with alpha grade silicon carbide rods. Rods are made to order to the length required for your furnace. These units are made to order in many different gauge lengths and measuring ranges.
The extensometer comes with the Model 3603 signal conditioner. The output is an analog DC voltage, factory calibrated with the extensometer to 0 to ±10 VDC typically.
They are readily interfaced with most existing test controllers, and may be directly connected to data acquisition systems and chart recorders. Bringing the signal into a spare DC input channel (or external input) on the test controller allows the extensometer to be used for strain controlled tests like low cycle fatigue.
- May be left on through specimen failure.
- Designed for those applications requiring ±0.10 inches (±2.5 mm) full scale measuring range or less. For applications requiring greater measuring ranges, please see Model 3549.
- Capacitive signal conditioner and power supply included. Provides high level DC voltage output with lowe noise. Easily interfaced to test controllers, data acquisition boards and chart recorders.
- Shipped fully calibrated with electronics (traceable to NPL (UK)) with user specified voltage output.
- All models can measure in both tension and compression and can be used for cyclic testing.
- Mechanical overtravel stops in both directions.
- All standard units meet existing ASTM class B-1 and ISO 9513, class 0,5 requirements for accuracy.
- Includes high quality foam lined case and a spare set of ceramic rods.
- Innovative slide mount allows the extensometer to engage the specimen once the test temperature has been achieved.
- Low strain range, high resolution versions available.
Model 3648 Available Versions: please contact Epsilon to discuss your requirements.