Product Announcement from Epsilon Technology Corp.
Epsilon's very high resolution calibrator features 0.8 micro inches (20 nanometers) resolution and has 2 inches (50 mm) of measuring range. The 3590VHR is provided with a netbook PC and software to display the calibrator readings. The 3590VHR calibrator meets the accuracy and resolution requirements for ASTM E83 Class B-1 for a 6 mm gauge length and greater extensometers and ISO 9513 Class 0,5 over the full measuring range of the calibrator.
The 3590VHR uses a coarse adjustment screw for large displacements, coupled with a fine adjustment screw that allows fine adjustment to withing approximately 0.025 microns (about 1 micro inch). When it comes time to calibrate your extensometers, these calibrators are easier to use and faster than any others on the market. They have enough measuring range to calibrate nearly all extensometers, and enough resolution to calibrate units with low measuring ranges.
The provided software reads in both inches and millimeters. The autozero function is a great help in calibrating. Just activate it to start readings from zero. The digital display reduces operator error.
A wide range of adapters are available. The calibrator comes with smooth round adapters, of 0.375 inches diameter (9.52 mm). For special adapters, contact Epsilon. For very long gauge length extensometers, an optional extension post is available. The calibrator is provided with a calibration traceable to NPL (UK standards organization).
- Scale resolution: 20 nm
(0.8 micro inches).
- Scale Accuracy:
- ±0.19 microns (±7.5 micro inches) over any 0.12 mm (0.00475 inch) range.
- Meets ASTM E83 Class B-1 for a 6 mm gauge length and greater extensometers and ISO 9513 Class 0,5 over the full measuring range of the calibrator.
- Scale calibration traceable to NIST.
- System fully calibrated traceable to NPL (UK standards organization).
- 50 mm (2 inches) measuring range.
- USB port, Netbook provided.
- Uses the same adapters as the model 3590 and 3590HR calibrators.
- Provided with a foam lined case for storage.