Heavy Duty Frames
Product Announcement from Equipto Electronics Corporation
The Heavy Duty enclosure is made to take on all challenges and can be modified to meet even the most severe applications.
The Heavy Duty product line comes in both vertical racks and sloped front consoles (15 & 30 degree). It is designed with double ledge, double plane corner construction which make it the strongest cabinet in the industry, capable of carrying 3000 pounds of equipment. Because of this special construction, these racks also offer natural, non-gasketed RFI/EMI shielding characteristics.
Special features of this line include side panels that can be removed with a simple one finger latch. Doors can be removed by just opening the door and lifting it off it's hinges. Panel mounting angles use 3/16" steel, 50% thicker than the average used in the industry. Horizontal support channels are removable because of the extreme strength of the frame. Positive door latching hardware, not magnetic or velcro stripping, is standard. Additionally, this cabinet lends itself to vinyl gasketing which when applied protects against dust and moisture penetration.
The Heavy Duty Technical Manual is available on line and features detailed product drawings!
Compare the Heavy Duty frame with the Challenger frame here.
Because Heavy Duty is designed to be modular and flexible, a wide variety of accessories are available. Here is a small sample:
- Wide variety of Panels and Doors
- Fans and Blowers for cooling
- Fixed, Sliding and Modem Shelves
- Chassis Guides and Supports
- Storage and Equipment Drawers
- Copper Bus Bars
- Console and Work Writing Shelves
- Caster Bases, Caster Dollies and Trucks
- Plug Molds
- Standard Panel Heights: 21" to 84", in any 1 3/4" increment
- Standard Depths: 17", 24", 29" and 36"
- Standard Panel Widths: 19", 24", 30", adapters are available for mounting 23" equipment
Because the Heavy Duty line features a modular design, many options are available. These options insure that you need only specify one enclosure for many environments, including:
- Shock and Vibration:
- The Heavy Duty Cabinet has been tested to Mil-Std 810D, section 514.3-7,8 and 9, which simulates 20 years of rough service in a mobile application. This cabinet was also tested to Mil-Std 901 for shipboard applications. These test was successfully passed by the Heavy Duty, RFI/EMI, and FCC product lines. This option is available by adding a simple hardware kit.
- The Heavy Duty cabinet can protect your equipment against earthquake damage with the addition of our Seismic Hardening Kit. The Heavy Duty frame with Seismic Kit has qualified under the Belcore specification for seismic activity. This test simulates earth quakes through Zone 4, the most severe seismic activity. The Belcor test results are available as Belcore document TR-EOP-000063 NEBS. This document is available from our Engineering Department.
- FCC and EMI Shielding:
- The Heavy Duty Cabinet may be shielded to meet FCC through Tempest requirements. FCC requirements may be met with low cost metalizing and silver braid gasketing. The most demanding military Tempest requirements are met with stainless steel frames and double gasketing. Please contact one of our EMI experts (1-800-204-RACK) to help you design to your needs.
About Equipto Electronics Corporation:
Equipto Electronics Corporation provides packaging solutions for electronics. We are a leading innovator and supplier of standard and custom designed packaging for electronics. Some of the ways we can assist you in solving your packaging problems include:
- One of the largest and most experienced teams of electronics' packaging design engineers who consult by phone, e-mail and fax at no charge.
- Design services from modifications of standard products to analytical performance analysis are available so you can get the right package for your electronic products.
- Reproducible engineering drawings delivered electronically.
- Multiple lines so extensive customers can usually find exactly what they need without customization.
- Cabinets that meet earthquake, EMI/RFI, FCC, Military (MIL-167, MIL-461, MIL-810 & MIL-901) Tempest, EMP and European EMC requirements.
- Hundreds of accessories in thousands of sizes.
- Experienced customer service people and factory-trained sales representatives.
- We can help you increase your production capacity or reduce your vendor base by installing components in your electronics enclosure and delivering the entire package to you.
Please click on the links to the right for more information or contact Equipto Electronics Corporation today!