Product Announcement from Esterline Interface Technologies
Make your electronic interconnection both simpler and more reliable with tight tolerance, fine-line circuits.
Flex circuits offer OEM customers several options because they have: 1) Trace routing, current carrying capabilities, and SMT component populating options of a FR4 printed circuit board. 2) The flexibility of a membrane switch.
Flex circuits can be developed using polyester or polyimide (Kapton) as the base material, depending on your interface requirements. From simple single layer copper flex on polyester to complex double-sided on polyimide, Memtron Input Components rapidly provides customers with application-specific solutions.
Looking for a flex circuit that is both ridged and flexible? Rigid-Flex circuits can be produced to reduce interconnects and to incorporate tails directly into the circuit.
- Polyester Base Single-Sided Flex Circuits: Offer tight trace routing capabilities, as well as electrical resistance values lower than traditional membrane switches since they utilize copper conductors much like a printed circuit board.
- Polyimide Base Single-Sided Flex Circuits: Offer tight trace routing capabilities, lower electrical resistance, and the component mounting attributes of a rigid printed circuit board, as well as the flexibility of a membrane switch.
- Polyimide Base Double-Sided Flex Circuits: Offer the complex trace routing capability and component mounting functionality of a double-sided rigid printed circuit board, along with the flexibility of a membrane switch.
- Flex Circuit Versatility: Ranges from simple custom interconnects to the complex current carrying element of the OEM input device, due to their trace routing capabilities and malleable nature.
SPECIFICATIONS AND SELECTION GUIDE: FLEX CIRCUITS:
- Single Side Flex
- Double Side Flex
- SMD Components
- UL E 156389 and E 200944
- Standard line width: 0.25mm, minimum 0.10mm
- Standard trace pitch: 0.50mm, minimum 0.20mm
- Minimum space between circuits: 0.10mm
Plating: Tin – lead, nickel, gold
- Connector crimping
- Soldering of components
- Polyimide: standard thickness :1mil, 2mil and ½ mil available
- Polyester: standard thickness: 3mil, 1mil, 2mil and 5mil available
- Conductor: laminated ED copper or RA copper - standard thickness 1 oz (1.4mil/0.035mm) ½ oz and 2 oz available
- Coverlay: polyimide, polyester or solder mask thickness: ½ mil, 1mil, 2mil, 3mil or 5mil
© 2004 Esterline Corporation. All rights reserved. Trademarks and trade names are property of their respective owners. Memtron reserves the right to make changes to products and services described herein without prior notice.