Product Announcement from Extech Instruments, A FLIR Company
Extech's EX840 is a powerful yet affordable 1000A AC/DC clamp-on meter designed for heavy duty applications where maximum safety is a must. A 750MCM jaw and Category IV overvoltage protection are coupled with a patented, non-contact infrared thermometer and laser helping you work safer. The EX840 features 1000V range, True RMS, Min/Max/Hold, and a 4000 count LCD in a rugged double molded housing. The EX840 comes complete with a professional test leads set.
Click the yellow buttons at left to request a quote or submit a question/inquiry by email.
The full-size EX840 is ideal for industrial applications. Features include:
EX840 CAT IV Clamp Meter Features:
• Patented built-in non-contact IR Thermometer design with laser pointer
• True RMS Current and Voltage measurements
• Peak hold captures inrush currents and Transients
• MultiMeter functions include AC/DC Voltage, Resistance, Capacitance, Frequency, Diode, and Continuity
• 1.7" (43mm) jaw opening for conductors up to 750MCM or two 500MCM
• 4000 count backlit display
• Features include Data Hold and Min/Max and Auto Power off
• Autoranging with manual range button
• Complete with CAT IV test leads, 9V battery, Type K probe (-22 to 572°F/-30 to 300°C), pouch case, and Professional Test Lead Set
Professional Test Lead (included) Features:
• 8-Piece Professional Test Lead set
• Two 42" (1m) PVC lead extensions with shrouded banana plugs at both ends
• Two modular 4" (102mm) Heavy Duty test probe handles with 0.16" (4mm) banana plug tip
• Two standard size, alligator clips with insulated rubber boot
• Two extra large, double-insulated, alligator clips with sharp teeth for piercing insulated wire. Jaws open to 0.8" (20mm)
About the EX800 Clamp Meter Series
The EX840 is part of the EX800 series of 1000A clamp meters which also features several CAT III AC and AC/DC clamp meters with built-in IR. Extech's multipurpose EX800 clamp meters are the only 1000A clamps on the market with full multimeter capabilities and an Extech-exclusive, integrated, Infrared thermometer. The EX800 series makes it easy to troubleshoot dangerous or hard-to-reach hot spots without a separate IR thermometer. And, when it comes to juggling tools on a job site, less is more.
EX800 clamps deliver with advanced AC/DC clamp and multimeter functionality, True RMS accuracy, and Type K temperature—all in a rugged, double-molded housing. This is one clamp you'll use every day on every job.
Click the yellow buttons at top-left to request a quote or submit a question/inquiry by email.