Product Announcement from FLSmidth
- Exceptional abrasion resistance
- Prompt shipment
- Replacements and new installations
- Better performance
- Longer life
- Cast body and end plate
- 0.100" (2.54mm) thick ceramic bore
- Tungsten carbide throat protection
- Heavy-duty fabricated 8-vane rotor
- Tungsten carbide rotor vane and shroud tips, 0.100" (2.54mm) thick
- Air purge seal connections
- Air gap between seals and bearings
- Outboard sealed ball bearings
- Maximum operating temperature: 350°F (175°C)
For Abrasive Applications
- Fly Ash
- Gold Ore
- Rutile Ore
- Kaolin Clay
- Raw Limestone
- Diatomaceous Earth
- Copper Concentrate
Cost and Life Comparisons
Case History 1
Application: Rotary Feeder metering to a screw pump conveying fly ash at 60 lbs./cu.ft. against a differential of 20" H20 column.
The valve life of the FLSmidth Ceramic Design was 36 months, while the valve life of the "Brand X" - Ni-Hard Construction, was 3 to 6 months.
Case History 2
Airlock charging a 6" pneumatic conveying line handling pulverized limestone, 85 lbs./cu.ft. at a rate of 25 tph against a differential pressure of 10 psig.
The valve life of the FLSmidth Ceramic Design was 48 months, while the valve life of the "Brand X" - Ni-Hard Construction, was 2 to 6 months.
- Reduced life cycle costs
- Increased running time/reduced downtime
- Three to four times longer life compared to other designs