SK™ two-way pipeline conveying valve
Product Announcement from FLSmidth
The FLSmidth Type SK™ two-way pipeline valve provides positive and dependable switching of material flow in pressure pneumatic conveying pipelines. There are numerous applications suitable for a wide variety of materials such as cement, limestone, bentonite, barite, talc and other similar ground or pulverized materials. Available for manual, air cylinder or electric motor operation.
The SK two-way pipeline valve is available in eight standard sizes; 3 through 6-inch (75 through 150 mm) valves match I.D. of standard pipe; 8 through 14-inch (200 through 350 match I.D. of standard Schedule 30 pipe. Available in right hand or left hand mounting.
Body -Durable cast iron construction.
Disc -The internal mechanism works on the sliding disc and port principle. Hardened seats and discs resist abrasion and are lapped to maintain a positive seal at the closed port.
Motor -Motor operation features a built-in mechanical brake for accurate positioning of the valve seal disc. Motor electrical requirements are 3 phase, 60 Hz., 230/460 V.
Air - Heavy-duty air cylinder actuator with dual solenoid, 120V NEMA 4, pre-piped
Accessories -Limit switches for position indication are standard on air cylinder and motor-operated valves; optional on manually operated valves.
Special Application -High temperature 850°F (455°C), NFPA-85F design, alternate materials, voltages.
- New design is interchangeable with existing actuators
- Redesigned for servicing in place
- New larger access port designed for quick seat and disc replacements
- Hinged port
- Replaceable seat cartridge
- Replaceable disc
- O-ring sealed under cartridge
- Location pins for quick cartridge changeout
- 8”, 10”, 12” and 14”
- New design is dimensionally interchangeable with standard design
- Spring-loaded linkage for reliable disc positioning
- Hand, motor, air operators are standard
- Sizes 8” to 14”
- Left or right hand mounting
- 45° diverter leg
- Heavy cast iron construction
- 50 psi seal tested
- Standard flange drilling
- High temperatures to 850°F
- Abrasion resistant design
- Explosion proof operators
- NFPA 85f version available