Product Announcement from POSITAL - FRABA
POSITAL Absolute Rotary Encoders are available with single-turn or multi-turn positioning and integrated DeviceNet interface.
- Direct Integration into OMRON, Allen Bradley / Rockwell
- Various Mechanical Options
- Programmable Resolution
- Preset Value (Homing / Zeroing)
- Multi-turn Sensing
- Transmission Modes: Polled, Change of State, or Cyclic
- Resolution Per Revolution up to 16 Bit (65536 Steps)
- Up to 16384 (14 bit) Revolutions With Mechanical Gearing, No Battery Back Up
- Operating Temperature -40 to +85 °C
- Environmental Protection IP 65 Enclosure and IP 66 Flange
- Hollow Shaft or Solid Shaft Flanges
- Stainless Steel and Explosion Proof Encoders Available
- UL Certified
- Certified by ODVA
- Transmission Rate up to 500 kBaud
Find the right DeviceNet encoder for your application with our product finder
The FRABA Group, as one of the leading manufacturers of high technology sensor and safety systems for industrial automation, is committed to excellence in quality and customer service. The headquarters are located in Cologne, Germany. The US subsidiary, FRABA Inc., began operations in summer 2000 to better meet the growing needs of the American encoder market. It is currently located in Hamilton, NJ. Additionally in 2009, FRABA Pte opened in Singapore, thereby providing total global support.
With the POSITAL product range, FRABA strengthens their leadership in absolute encoders, which they have developed for over thirty years. The POSITAL encoders utilize optical technology and integrated intelligence and combine high performance, high quality, and low cost. The FRABA experts support the standard interfaces (serial and parallel), as well as the new fieldbus interfaces like DeviceNet, Profibus, and Interbus. From robotics to steel-mills and packing machines, a wide variety of applications are positioned by POSITAL encoders all around the world.