Hybrid Automotive Compressor Feedthroughs
Product Announcement from Fusite
Relying on 70 years of experience in manufacturing premium glass-to-metal (GTM) hermetic seals for AC/R applications, Fusite designed the first feedthrough in the world for use in hybrid electric vehicle air conditioning (AC) compressors.
We continue to provide innovative GTM products and solutions, such as electrically driven AC compressors, to most of the existing and emerging hybrid and all-electric vehicle OEMs around the globe.
Fusite GTM feedthroughs are custom designed for hybrid vehicle and all-electric vehicle AC compressors.
- Hermeticity: < 1 x 10 -7 standard cc/sec helium
- Insulation resistance: > 10,000 megohm @ 500 VDC
- Dielectric voltage: 2500 volts @ < 0.5 mA leakage
- Burst pressure: Typical GTM seals meet or exceed 2,250 psi pressure test, but should be verified in customer specific applications.
- Regulatory: Recognized by global regulatory agencies such as UL
Fusite delivers custom designs for hybrid auto compressor customers with the following design options:
- Molded silicone rubber for outside electrical oversurface
- Heavy duty ceramic insulators for inside electrical oversurface
- Straight pin, flag or tab-style pin connections
- Resistance-welded and bolt-on attachment styles