Product Announcement from GEEPLUS Inc.
Bistable Rotary Solenoids have been developed especially for paper transportation and sorting systems like e.g. banknote sorting mechanisms. They can be driven in either direction and hold in either endposition with no power applied. For the movement they just need a short power pulse.
The most important characteristics are:
- rotary angle up to +/-55° around center position
- no integral mechanical endstops (must be supplied either in the customer mechanics or as an custom option)
- torque up to 0.4Nm
- high life due to ball bearings
- no axial travel
- fast response: cycle times < 5ms possible
- optional: viscous damping with ferro-fluids: smooth operation, soft mechanical endstop, less noise