Product Announcement from General Magnaplate Corporation
Enhanced Proprietary Chrome Process Produces A Thin, Dense, Uniform Coating That Features Superior Adherence And No Edge Buildup
- Eliminates galling, seizing and high friction over a broad range of applications
- Recommended as a finishing process eliminating costly secondary operations such as grinding
- Processing does not adversely affect base material properties
- Compatible with most ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Quality is consistent for any given base metal
- Temperature range from 204C (399F) to 926°C (1699°F)
- Allows flexibility of design and metal choice
- Reduces wear and friction on sliding surface contacts
- Provides enhanced erosion and corrosion resistance
- Eliminates the need for undersize design calculation
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- No micro cracks to affect performance
- Meets requirements of BAC 5709 CL4
- Insures design reproducibility
- Hardness in excess of 67 Rc
- Practical and economical for any size order from individual components to high volume production quantities
- Uniform in thickness and range from 0.0001-0.0003"
- Resists attack by most organic and inorganic compounds with the exception of sulfuric and hydrochloric acids
DYNALOY: Thin, dense, uniform chrome coating with no edge buildup. Offers reduced wear and friction on sliding surfaces. Excellent abrasion resistance. No micro cracks to affect performance.
The DYNALOY enhanced proprietary chrome process protects base metals against wear, galling, friction, and corrosion. This specially developed surface enhancement creates a micro-surface that aids in lubricant dispersion. It eliminates friction over a wide range of applications and environments.
Because it is an extremely thin coating, it permits design engineers to specify a friction-resistant surface enhancement without affecting the tolerances in their designs. The coating provides for even further design possibilities because it was developed to adhere to any base metal. DYNALOY has rewritten the specifications of leading machine tool builders by establishing new standards for increased life and extended serviceability of machine guides. DYNALOY coatings reproduce, with precise detail, the surface morphology of the original metallic substrate. Parts after processing exhibit an attractive silver matte finish.
DYNALOY may be applied to all ferrous and non-ferrous metals with the exception of magnesium. Bath processing temperatures are maintained at 54.5°C (130°F) to 57.8°C (136°F). This ensures the base material's tensile, yield and fatigue properties are not adversely affected during processing. Thermal distortion is also minimized at these low temperatures.
Parts can be processed at any stage of their service life without the need for expensive machining operations to follow. Eliminating this requirement for post processing greatly reduces turnaround time and saves money.
- Automated equipment devices
- Hydraulic powered equipment
- Machine tools
- Mailing equipment
- Molds (release)
- Molding equipment
- Nuclear applications
- Packaging equipment
- Rolls and processing rollers
- Punches & discs
- Space components
- Tooling, tool holders
- Wear plates
About General Magnaplate:
As the world leader in surface-enhancement coatings, General Magnaplate solves wear, corrosion and lubrication problems throughout many industries including manufacturing, food processing, oil and gas, medical diagnostics, pharmaceuticals, aerospace, semiconductors and many more. Please see the industries section of our site for more details on the typical applications we process on a daily basis.
Please click on the links to the right for more information or request a quote today!