Product Announcement from General Magnaplate Corporation
Dramatically increases mold-release speed, efficiency, and wear-resistance on metal parts ...despite high pressures or high temperatures.
- Withstands continuous operating temperatures over 950°F (510°C), intermittent air temperatures over 1600°F (871°C), and vacuum temperatures to 2400°F (1316°C).
- Ideal for all metals, including steel, copper, brass, and aluminum
- Superior mold release, even under high load bearing pressures (up to 100,000 psi)
- Friction properties-as low as 0.13 dynamic and 0.14 static
- Corrosion resistance-some types will survive 1000 hours in an ASTM B-117 salt spray
- Can be used as an additional enhancement for TUFRAM®, NEDOX® or PLASMADIZE® coatings
- Thickness-surface build-up from <0.0001" to 0.002"
- May be made either thermally or electrically non-conductive or conductive, as desired
- Remarkably consistent thermal conductivity
- Recommended for use on injection molds, seal dies, roll dies, gears and bearings, and bag formers
- Magnaplate HTR increases the release efficiency of steel, copper, brass, aluminum, and other metals used in the fabrication of molds and dies for a wide range of industries.
Worn or damaged molds are often the cause of poor release. HTR's superior resistance to wear makes it ideal for use in plastic and other molding industry applications where mold design or definition is subject to abrasive damage by the material being molded. Because HTR maintains a uniform, consistent level of thermal conductivity, it also solves release problems that stem from variations in mold surface temperatures. The use of HTR is also recommended where sprays, release additives or other forms of "paint-on" or sprayed-on dry lubricant coatings do not perform properly.
In addition to its use as a release agent on molds, HTR is suggested for use on a wide range of high temperature equipment components, including:
- Seal dies at 800°F (427° C)
- Roll dies at 650°F (343°C)
- Chrome replacements at 800°F (427°C)
- Spindle heads and slides at 600°F (316°C)
- Blow molds at 550°F (288°C)
- extruding of plastics
- molding or forming of metal parts
- manufacturing of packaging wraps, films, and other heat-sensitive materials.
About General Magnaplate:
As the world leader in surface-enhancement coatings, General Magnaplate solves wear, corrosion and lubrication problems throughout many industries including manufacturing, food processing, oil and gas, medical diagnostics, pharmaceuticals, aerospace, semiconductors and many more. Please see the industries section of our site for more details on the typical applications we process on a daily basis.
Please click on the links to the right for more information or request a quote today!