Product Announcement from General Magnaplate Corporation
Enhanced Titanium Nitride (TiN) Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) Coating
- Resists wear and abrasion up to 20 times better than stainless steel
- Extends operating life and improves performance of all "heavy-wear" parts and tools
- Ideal for parts with critical tolerance requirements
- Uniform deposition on parts of virtually any configuration
- Dimensional accuracy of +/- .000015"
- Hardness up to an equivalent of Rc 85
- USDA/FDA/NSF/Agri-Canada compliant
- Low processing temperatures allows application on a diverse variety of materials without distortion of the substrate
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Thickness 1 to 3 microns
General Magnaplate's proprietary MAGNAGOLD (PVD) process produces a dense, smooth, ultra-hard surface finish with a rich, gold color. Unlike conventional Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD), which requires temperatures high enough to anneal steel and can produce distortion, the MAGNAGOLD process employs heat as low as 400F. This permits the coating of a wide variety of materials without loss of hardness or distortion. The substrate's metallurgical properties are not affected by the process.
- Forming tools
- Extrusion dies
- Wear Rings
- HSS tools
About General Magnaplate:
As the world leader in surface-enhancement coatings, General Magnaplate solves wear, corrosion and lubrication problems throughout many industries including manufacturing, food processing, oil and gas, medical diagnostics, pharmaceuticals, aerospace, semiconductors and many more. Please see the industries section of our site for more details on the typical applications we process on a daily basis.
Please click on the links to the right for more information or request a quote today!