Product Announcement from General Magnaplate Corporation
Protect Most Metals - Including Aluminum - Against Wear, Friction, Corrosion, Sticking and Galling
- NASA material #20386*
- Dramatically increase surface hardness - up to Rc 68 (940 Vickers scale)
- Resist corrosion, chemicals and acids
- Prevent abrasive wear and galling and seizing
- Self-lubricating for extended wear
- Superior mold release
- Meets and exceeds requirements for ASTM B656 and ASTM B733
- Permanently dry-lubricated for very low COF
- Many meet USDA/FDA/NSF and AgriCanada codes
- Speed cleanup and sanitation maintenance
- Eliminate sticking and product "hang-up"
- Temperature range from -250°F (-157°C) up to 550°F (288°C)
- Prevent galvanic corrosion with incompatible metals
- Won't chip, peel or flake off like "paint-ons"
- Non-porous surface eliminates the potential growth of mold and bacteria
- Thickness - surface buildup is 0.0002" - 0.002" (±10%)
- Dielectric resistance, a low dissipation factor and very high resistivity over a wide range of frequencies
NEDOX improves parts made of less durable and/or less costly metals by adding physical properties that permit them to outperform and outwear even chrome and stainless steel.
* MSFC Handbook 527F (NEDOX SF-2), Johnson Space Flight Center #D9604F
NEDOX is well suited for use in reactors that are used for uranium enrichment. In the process that creates fissionable Uranium 235 from Uranium 238, uranium hexafluoride (UF6) is produced in a gaseous diffusion process. The UF6 was found to be one of the most active chemicals known, almost acting as a universal solvent. The components in Nedox are shown to have excellent chemical resistance to UF6.
Typical Coefficient of Thermal Expansion: 7.22 x 10-6 in/in/1°F. (13 x 10-6 in/in/1°C). Typical Coefficient of Thermal Conductivity: .0105 - .0135 Cal-cm/sec/°C.
A 0.001" coating shows little or no corrosion after 14 months of continuous exposure to atmosphere and salt water. Good resistance to most common chemicals. Certain coatings show no effect after 90 days immersion in pH 3.0 - 9.5 solutions. Some NEDOX coatings are especially resistant to phosphate-free bleach used in washdown solutions in food processing and packaging operations. NEDOX coatings on aluminum also provide resistance to a wide range of chemicals.
A few typical applications
- chemical processing equipment
- electronic equipment
- food processing
- heat sinks
- meters (gas & electric)
- molds (release media)
- packaging equipment
- pharmaceutical processing
- sealing equipment
- textile manufacturing
About General Magnaplate:
As the world leader in surface-enhancement coatings, General Magnaplate solves wear, corrosion and lubrication problems throughout many industries including manufacturing, food processing, oil and gas, medical diagnostics, pharmaceuticals, aerospace, semiconductors and many more. Please see the industries section of our site for more details on the typical applications we process on a daily basis.
Please click on the links to the right for more information or request a quote today!