Product Announcement from Glebar Company Inc.
For forming cylindrical or spherical components to a higher degree of accuracy than the PG-9BHD Plunge Grinder. Typically used in applications where positioning control is important for instance, ceramic ball shapes, ceramic rod diameter reduction.
Advantages over Hydraulic PG-9BHD:
- Stepper control and linear scale offer predictable cycle times.
- Cycle can be modified to include multiple grind zones.
- Fast approach, grind velocity and grind speed can be accurately entered on touch screen keypad.
- Cycle is not subject to temperature variations of the hydraulic cylinder.
- There is no need for cams or cam adjustments.
- All positions are programmed into the control. The positions can be protected under password control.
- Dwell time, slide speed and removal are numbers, no need for positive stop dials.
- Size adjustment can take place using diameter gauge and compensating to machine automatically. No dials needed.
- Machine will accept existing tooling, oscillator and existing PG-9BHD accessories.
- Infinite number of cycles can be programmed.
- Cycle program can be broken down into multiple sections, each having a separate ram speed or grind speed setting.