Product Announcement from Gorbel Inc.
Free Standing Work Station Cranes from Gorbel can handle even the toughest overhead lifting tasks. These cranes can be installed on any normal 6" reinforced concrete floor, do not put stress on your buildings overhead structure, and feature a pre-engineered modular design that can easily expand as your work centers expand. Available in steel, aluminum, and stainless steel. Capacities from 150 - 4000 lbs. with overall bridge lengths up to 34 ft.
· Easy to install, relocate, and expand with your business
· Enclosed track design is three times easier to move than traditional bridge cranes
· Trussed steel track permits longer spans which allow more flexibility in layout
· Aluminum track available where lower bridge weight and easier movement are required
· Capacities up to 4000 lbs. with multiple track profiles and spanning capabilities
· Pre-engineered modular kit designs for easy expansion and relocation
· Can be installed on any normal 6" reinforced concrete floor
· Enclosed track design helps keep out contaminants and dust
· Rigid Runways for superior load positioning
· Cold rolled steel with high strength, low weight per foot ratio for smooth rolling surface for reduced rolling resistance
· Versatile, and can perform a wide variety of material handling functions
· Economical enough to be devoted to individual work stations
· Ease of installation for reduced installation time & costs
· Can increase worker satisfaction
· Encourages safe work practices
· Rapid return on investment through increased productivity
Not only do workstation bridge cranes solve handling problems, they also provide users with several benefits:
Increased productivity - Gorbel® Work Station Cranes help your workers work more productively than traditional I-beam cranes. A study conducted by the Human Factors Laboratory at Rochester Institute of Technology* for Gorbel® shows that work station cranes increase productivity up to 28 percent compared with I-beam cranes. The productivity increase is possible because bridge cranes require less effort to move than I-Beam cranes. In most applications, particularly high cycle time applications, customers are able to cost justify the crane system with the productivity increases alone.
Ease of movement and positioning - Gorbel® Work Station Bridge Cranes can move a load three times more easily than a traditional I-beam crane. This ease of movement and positioning results from Gorbel®'s unique enclosed track design, high strength-to- weight ratio, and rigid runways with anti-binding end trucks.
Increased Quality - Enclosed track cranes can increase the quality of goods while reducing the cost of damaged or rejected parts. Loads are so easy to move and position with workstation cranes, much of the damage that is done to the product during the manufacturing process is eliminated.
Improved work force utilization - Gorbel® Workstation Cranes can help you reach the typical ergonomic goal in material handling: Allowing a task to be performed by 90 percent of your workers. For instance, the Rochester Institute of Technology study commissioned by Gorbel shows that less than 10 percent of men can safely handle a 4,000-lb. load on a manual I- beam crane, but more than 99 percent can do so on a Gorbel® Work Station Crane.
Modular Design - Gorbel®'s pre-engineered modular kit design permits easy expansion or relocation. The runway length can be increased by adding runway sections, free standing support assemblies and additional bridges as needed.
Better work force utilization - Since physical strength becomes less of an issue with Gorbel® Workstation Cranes, you can better utilize your work force. This is especially true considering that today's work force is aging, and it is becoming increasingly female.