I-Beam Jib Cranes
Product Announcement from Gorbel Inc.
Gorbel's I-Beam Jib Cranes are ideal for heavier loads from 1 to 5 tons (heavier capacities available, contact the factory), with spans to 20 feet. They are available in motorized or manual rotation, in floor-mounted or insert styles. Gorbel I-Beam Jib Cranes are versatile and well-suited for use beneath traveling cranes, in open areas where they serve several work areas, in outdoor applications such as loading docks, and in machining and assembly operations.
- Precision tapered roller bearings in top pivot and trunnion assemblies provide smooth operation and long life
- Full supporting triangular base plate gussets are used (in lieu of struts) to minimize crane deflection, thus making it easier to accurately position loads
- Independent head assembly, installed separately from the boom for easier installation
- Recessed bearing assembly allows greatly reduced clearances needed for installation
- Bolted head/boom connection, which permits separate installation and provides maximum lift for the hoist, since it can be installed very close to the underside of the lower ceiling obstruction for greater headroom
- In-head totally enclosed, bottom entry collector assembly allows the option of easily adding power to the hoist for 360 degree rotation at the time of or after purchase
- Optional power rotation
- Circular coverage areas
- Outdoor applications such as loading docks
- Applications underneath large bridge cranes
- Open areas where the jib can serve several areas
- Machining or assembly applications where it can be overlapped with other jibs to provide staged coverage