Product Announcement from GRI Pumps (A Gorman-Rupp Company)
Oscillating pumps are self-priming, corrosion resistant, have no dynamic seals and are constructed from FDA accepted materials.
Oscillating Pump Operation:
An elastomeric impeller extends through a spring and armature and into an electric coil. A diode in the circuit feeds impulses to the electrical coil 60 times per second. Each pulse draws the armature and impeller forward against the spring, causing the impeller to pump a volume of liquid out through the outlet port. The spring then returns the armature and impeller to their starting position, drawing liquid through the inlet. A valve in the impeller prevents backflow of liquid.
- Flow Rates - Generally range from 0.2 to 0.8 gpm. Flow rates may vary from pump to pump. Due to this inherent characteristic, these pumps are not normally intended for metering.
- Discharge Head - To 8.3 feet (on standard models)
- Self-Priming - To 48 inches (on standard models)
- Fluid Temperature - To 104°F (40°C)
- Weight - Approximately 1 pound
- Motors - 115v, 230v 50/60 Hz
Materials in Contact with Solution: EPT/EPDM & Glass-Reinforced Polypropylene.
- Film and microfilm processors
- Litho and graphic arts plate processors
- Detergent dispensing
- Chemical mixing
- Medical, scientific and laboratory equipment.
- These pumps are intended for replenishing, transfer and circulating installations.
Registered Trademark Names
©2005, Gorman-Rupp Industries