Product Announcement from H2W Technologies
H2W Technologies Non commutated DC Linear (NC) Actuators are ideal for short stroke (typically less than 2 inches) closed loop servo applications. Their compact size allows them to fit into small spaces. They have very low electrical and mechanical time constants. The low moving mass allows for high accelerations of light payloads.
APPROPRIATE VOICE COIL APPLICATION SPECIFICATIONS
- Travel: 0.01 to 2 inches [0.25 to 50 mm]
- Acceleration: 0.1 to 20 G's 0.1 to 20 G's
- Peak Force: 0.30 to 300 lbs [1.34 to 1333 N]
- Continuous: Force 0.1 to 100 lbs [0.44 to 444 N]
- Resolution: 0.0005" to 0.000004" [13 to 0.1 micron]
H2W Technologies Voice Coils are ideal for short stroke (typically less than 2 inches) closed loop servo applications. Their compact size allows them to fit into small spaces. They have very low electrical and mechanical time constants. The low moving mass allows for high accelerations of light payloads.
These actuators are wound in such a way that no commutation is required for motion to occur. The result is a much simpler and more reliable system.
Coupling the actuators with a bearing system (if not supplied), position feedback device, linear servo amplifier and motion controller yields a system that is capable of intricate position, velocity, and acceleration control. These actuators can also be used for precise force control because of the linear force versus current characteristics.
They are available in both standard as well as custom sizes. You can choose from either the moving magnet (NCM type) or moving coil type (NCC Type),
- The moving coil actuators, NCC Type (sometimes referred to as voice coils) are typically supplied without bearings or a shaft, but can be added if desired. They are generally larger in diameter and shorter in length. Higher forces can be achieved by increasing the diameter. This type of actuator can be designed with large radial clearances to ensure no contact between the coil and magnet assembly if a tilt or radial movement is required.
- The moving magnet actuators, NCM Type are supplied with bearings and a shaft. This type is generally smaller in diameter and longer in length. Higher forces can be achieved by increasing the number of poles, which increases the length, or by increasing the diameter. The main advantage is that there are no moving leads since the coil assembly is stationary. Optional no power magnetic latching is available at one or both ends of the stroke.
It should be noted that for both types of actuators, longer strokes are available but the efficiency or motor constant (Km) decreases as the stroke increases. This is due to the fact that the motor constant is inversely proportional to the stroke. If higher efficiency is desired for longer stroke actuators, the coil assembly can be wound as a multiphase coil and then it will have to be commutated.
- Small Size, High Force to Weight Ratio
- High Accelerations
- No Cogging or Commutation
- Custom Designs with Quick Turnaround Times
- High Flux Density Neodymium Magnets are Used
- Z Axis for Pick and Place Equipment
- Medical Diagnostic Probes and Laser Beam Steering
- Hermetically Sealed Cryo Cooler Actuators
- Mirror Tilt and Focusing Actuators
- Miniature Position Control
H2W Technologies is dedicated to the design and manufacture of linear and rotary motion products that are used in the motion control industry. The complete line of linear electric motors includes: single and dual axis linear steppers, DC brush and brushless linear motors, voice coil actuators, and AC induction motors. Also offered is a complete line of ball screw, lead screw and belt driven positioning stages.
Other motion control products include: limited angle torque motors for compact, limited angular excursion rotary servo applications, 3 phase brushless rotary servo motors with matching digital servo amplifiers and permanent magnet linear brakes for fail-safe, zero power braking for baggage handling and people moving applications as well as amusement park rides.
With over 75 years combined experience in the linear and rotary motion field, the H2W Technologies team of engineers offers the optimal solution to the most demanding motion control requirements.
For additional information please contact Mark Wilson at H2W Technologies, 26470 Ruether Avenue #102, Santa Clarita, CA 91350; Tel: 888-702-0540, Fax: 661-251-2067, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.h2wtech.com.