Product Announcement from Haws Corporation
Model 9201E emergency mixing valve (patent pending) thermostatically mixes hot and cold water to provide a safe fluid supply for emergency showers and eyewash equipment. Additionally, to ensure a fail-safe water supply for emergency shower and eyewash stations, a series of cold water by-pass valves open in the event of hot water pressure loss. (No gauges supplied - ASSE 1071 standard recommends gauges be placed 5 to 8 feet (1.52 to 2.44 m) downstream for the most accurate temperature measurement.)
- A flow rate of 1 to 31 gpm (3.8 to 117.3 L) for better temperature control across the operating range
- Lowest internal pressure drop for this class of valve (advantage where supply pressure is low)
- Wax based thermostat technology for fast response time with proven highly reliable temperature control
- Highest Cold Water Bypass flow rate in the industry (65% of rated tepid flow rate)
- Modular brass design with internal check stops
- Oversized valve seats resist failures caused by foreign matter
- A new and efficient shuttle design eliminates valve sticking
- A custom funnel design improves temperature control at low flow rates
- Outlet temperature is factory set to 85° F (29° C).
- Tempered water: High temperature limit is factory set to 90° F (32° C).
- 0.4 gpm (1.5 L) cold water failure rate when tested according to ASSE 1071.
- Cold water by-pass valves are closed during normal operation, regardless of flow rate.
CSA Certified to ASSE 1071, and applicable sections of CSA B125.3.