Product Announcement from High Performance Alloys, Inc.
NITRONIC 50 Stainless Steel provides a combination of corrosion resistance and strength not found in any other commercial material available in its price range. This austenitic stainless has corrosion resistance greater than that provided by Types 316 and 316L, plus approximately twice the yield strength at room temperature. In addition, Armco NITRONIC 50 Stainless has very good mechanical properties at both elevated and sub-zero temperatures. And, unlike many austenitic stainless steels, NITRONIC 50 does not become magnetic when cold worked.
High Performance Alloys can make hot rolled, cold worked, & strain hardened High Performance Stainless Steel (HPSS) bars in house. Ask for our GFM Bulletin for more information about our bar processing capabilities. We have expanded to enhance product availability. See more information on NITRONIC 50 HS (High Strength) properties on the NITRONIC 50HS page.
Download Brochure 18 pg PDF
Download Bulletin 3 pg PDF
- Superior corrosion resistance
- Almost double the yield strength
- Exceptionally low magnetic permeability
- Outstanding cryogenic properties
Outstanding corrosion resistance gives Armco's NITRONIC 50 Stainless Steel the leading edge for applications where Types 316. 316L, 317 and 317L are only marginal. It's an effective alloy for the petroleum, petrochemical, chemical, fertilizer, nuclear fuel recycling, pulp and paper, textile, food processing and marine industries.
- Components using the combination of excellent corrosion resistance and high strength currently include pumps, valves and fittings, fasteners, cables, chains, screens and wire cloth, marine hardware, boat and pump shafting, heat exchanger parts, springs and photographic equipment.
- Fastener - High strength, and higher strength fasteners can improve the durability of you equipment
- Marine hardware - Mastings, tie downs
- Marine and Pump shafts - better corrosion than types 304 and 316, with double the yield strength.
- Valves and fittings - better corrosion than types 304 and 316, with double the yield strength.
- Downhole rigging - better corrosion than types 304, 316 and 17-4, with double the yield strength in annealed condition.
- Reduced cross sections - better corrosion than types 304, 316 and 17-4,