Flexible and Easy-to-Use Ethernet I/O
Product Announcement from INTEG Process Group, Inc.
The INTEG JNIOR application allows you to interface with the INTEG JNIOR to view and control the I/O. The JNIOR is an Ethernet (or serial) based controller with digital inputs and outputs used in a variety of applications for monitoring and control. The JNIOR is used for digital cinema, monitoring production machines, calculating utility consumption (gas, electric, water, etc.), transportation, etc.
- Works with the JNIOR Model 310 (8 inputs and 8 outputs)
- Works with the JNIOR Model 312 (4 inputs and 12 outputs)
- Automatically configures itself for the JNIOR model being used
- Displays the status of each input as 'red' (off) or 'green' (on)
- Displays the value of each input counter
- Displays the status of each output relay contact as 'red' (open) or 'green' (closed)
- Contains a 'Toggle' button to switch the state of an output relay
- Contains a 'Pulse' button to turn on an output for the user entered amount of time (in milliseconds)
- Contains a 'Run Macro' button that allows you to execute a macro stored on the JNIOR. The macro feature is part of the cinema.jnior program that can be added to the JNIOR.
Each JNIOR comes with a core compliment of digital I/O, including digital inputs and relay outputs. The JNIOR also contains 2 serial ports that are used for system configuration as well as for integrating with serial devices. The JNIOR has an expansion port that allows more I/O to be added including analog signals (4 - 20 mA, 10 VDC, RTD and digital temperature sensors). The JNIOR Control Panel gives the user the option to have push buttons and status LEDs to interact with the JNIOR.
The most important benefit of using the JNIOR is its software. At the core is its operating system packed with numerous built-in features that make the JNIOR easy to use for a variety of applications without any programming required.
The JNIOR contains a web page for monitoring and manually controlling the JNIOR I/O, configuring the I/O and setting up alarms and e-mail events.
The JNIOR supports a variety of communication protocols including TCP/IP (JNIOR protocol), Modbus/TCP and OPC.
Advanced software applications are included with each JNIOR that bring additional functionality to the JNIOR. The advanced software programs can be easily enabled that will allow the JNIOR to function as a Serial-to-Ethernet Server, execute "tasks" to control outputs, log data or send an e-mail based on an input or output transition or based on the time of day via Task Manager, or monitor and report the consumption of utilities such as gas, electric, water, etc. via the Utility Usage Monitor Application.
Custom software applications can be added by the user or by INTEG on behalf of the user by using the JNIOR SDK.
The JNIOR Support Tool software program makes configuring and maintaining the JNIOR easy. The JNIOR Support Tool runs on a PC and can be used to configure the JNIOR IP settings, gather logs, update a JNIOR and even back-up data and other files.
Friendly and excellent technical support and training is provided by the INTEG team via the phone and web.