Product Announcement from ITW Formex
Formex GK-5BK is an improved formulation of polypropylene electrical insulation with enhanced structural integrity resulting in higher dielectric strength and a higher temperature rating than original Formex™.
- Exceptional flexibility and durability for a variety of industrial and consumer product applications
- Particularly effective for applications requiring thin gauge electrical insulation materials
- Provides a physical barrier to protect general users or service workers from the dangers of exposure to electrically charged components
- Safeguards sensitive electronic elements from damage
- Can be die-cut, scored, and folded
- Easy fabrication into low-cost, durable, three-dimensional parts (an advantage over fish paper, aramid paper and other thermoplastic insulators)
- More moisture resistant (moisture absorption <0.06%) than aramid paper and fish paper
- High dielectric strength and superior dimensional stability
- Exceptional chemical resistance, particularly when compared to polycarbonate
- Often these advantages enable thinner insulation to be used thereby saving weight and space and reducing manufacturing costs
Parts fabricated from Formex GK-5BK are cost-effective replacements for injection molded or fabricated sheet-metal parts used inside electrical equipment such as air-flow baffles and wire-harness organizers.
- Reduced tooling and fabricating costs
- Reduced freight and warehousing costs because Formex parts can be shipped and stored flat
- Thin gauge materials is particularly light
Formex GK's unique material properties meet global standards for flame retardancy with a UL 94 V-0 Flame Class Rating. All ITW Formex electrical insulating materials comply with UL 94 V-0, CSA, IEC, VDE, TUV, BSR and METI standards, plus meet all major North American, European and Asian flammability and environmental requirements, including RoHS, WEEE and REACH.
All Formex GK electrical insulation is available as extruded sheets, rolls or profile extruded panels and can be fabricated into a wide range of shapes to meet the flammability and dielectric needs of a variety of applications. Formex GK-5BK is available in black and has a thickness of 0.005 ± 0.001 inches (.127 ± 0.025 millimeters).