Product Announcement from Inertial Labs Inc.
The OptoWOM optically enhanced weapon orientation module combines technologies of inertial sensors with optical image tracking resulting in a robust and reliable 3DOF orientation module capable of operation in virtually any environment. With the addition of optical image tracking the system is now able to mount directly to a device under measure, and with one known reference direction, can be turned on and operated immediately without any magnetic calibration whatsoever. During operation of the device magnetometer calibration parameters are derived on-the-fly allowing in time for the device to operate with both optical and magnetic heading data.
The optical tracking within OptoWOM works through the use of reference images. A reference image is literally a picture of the horizon in a given direction. Within the reference image the system identifies a constellation of identifiable features. Then, from any subsequent image collected by the camera, heading is determined by comparing those images back to the most appropriate reference. As long as the system can identify 10% of a previously collected reference, it can provide an accurate assessment of the change in heading
Key Features and Functionality
- Better than 0.2deg optical azimuth performance
- Automatic 'on-the-fly' magnetic calibration
- Not susceptible to magnetic disturbances
- Extendable sensor fusion algorithms for added inputs
- Embedded weapon fire indicator
- Man-portable, low-power, low-cost
- Day and night operation possible
- Point-light tracking capability built in
- Real-time, zero latency 3DOF orientation tracking
- Available SDK for development into external systems
Get the Latest Flash player.