Frick® Screw Compressors
Product Announcement from Johnson Controls / FRICK / YORK PROCESS SYSTEMS
The Frick® Screw Compressor product line is engineered and manufactured to meet your heavy industrial refrigeration and gas compression requirements in accordance with API 619 standards. It is designed to assure reliability, accessibility and ease of service with over 14,500 in active service. In addition, its advanced energy-saving features reduce operating costs significantly.
Features & Benefits
- 72 to 8,212 CFM (122 to 13,952 M3/hr)
- Up to 6,000 hp (4,474 kW)
- Electric motor, gas engine or steam turbine drive
- Slide valve for efficient capacity control
- Variable volume ratio (Vi) eliminates over/under compression
- Open-cycle gas compression and closed-cycle refrigeration service
- Hydrocarbons, natural gas, CO2, hydrogen, halocarbons, mixed gases, ammonia and others
- Designed in conformance with API 619
- Gases Range: Hydrocarbons, halocarbons, ammonia, CO2 and other alternative refrigerants
- System Duty type: Both closed-cycle refrigeration and opencycle gas compression
- Material: Cast iron, nodular iron, and cast steel, with design working pressures to 600 psig
- Bearings: Antifriction bearings throughout to provide superior rotor positioning and minimize frictional losses - also eliminates the need for an oil pump in many applications
- Sour gas bearing options: brass, PEEK, and high-heattreat steel
- Seals: Single mechanical with optional dualcartridge tandem seal with dry or wet-running outboard seal and support system
- Capacity Control: Slide valve for accurate capacity turndown to as low as 10% load, plus variable volume ratio to match compression to system requirements.
- Motor Mounting Typical: D-flange motors on small to mid-size applications eliminates field alignment. Foot-mounted motors available in mid to large sizes.
- Other Advantages: Internal oil passages and straight-thread O-ring style connectors in lube system minimize potential leakage.