Product Announcement from Kee Safety Inc.
Revolutionary Connection System
- Steel pipe is an inherently efficient structural component. It is strong and has no sharp corners. It can be obtained in a wide range of sizes and thickness and is freely available worldwide.
- The difficulty arises in joining pipe to form structures. Threaded pipe must be supplied in set lengths and is therefore relatively expensive and inflexible in application. Welding is labor intensive and requires a highly skilled workforce.
- The answer is provided by the Kee Lite Fitting (the aluminum counterpart of the Kee Klamp line) which has become the basis of a rigid tubular construction system proven the world over. The underlying principle is simple but highly effective - a non-welded slip-on fitting that can be used to create versatile and rigid tubular structures.
- The Kee Lite fitting is based on the Kee Klamp principle that has been developed and refined for more than 70 years into an extensive range of fittings that can be used to assemble all forms of tubular structures.
Lightweight and Corrosion Resistant
- Kee Lite fittings are made from high grade Aluminum Silicon Magnesium Alloy (A356-T6) which provide for a lightweight, corrosion resistant, and strong alternative for fabrication of tubular structures.
- Due to the superior corrosion resistance, Kee Lite fittings offer extremely low maintenance in outdoor settings. Kee Lite fittings are only one-third the weight of our cast iron fittings, with about 75% of comparable tensile strength.
- The unique, and differentiating factors of the Kee Lite product line, are what make it stand out from the crowd.
Kee Lite Features:
- Aesthetic Look and Design
- Corrosion Resistant
- Large Set Screws Resist Thread Stripping
- Low Long Term Maintenance
- Available for Schedule 40 Pipe Sizes 1' - 2'
- Recessed Set Screws for a Smooth Look
- Cost Effective Alternative to Welding
Health and Safety
Kee Lite offers lightweight and versatile safety solutions. When Kee Lite fittings in Sizes 7, 8 and 9 are used to construct 42' high guard railing, the railing will meet the requirements of the OSHA design standard of a single 200 lb. load applied at any location along the top rail when the correct specification of pipe is used, and the correct method of design is employed. The integrity of the structure to which the system is fixed, and the fixings used will also need to be checked to ensure they are capable of meeting the imposed load requirements. (Reference OSHA 29 CFR 1910.23)