Product Announcement from Kin-Tek Laboratories Inc.
KIN-TEK's 491M Modular Gas Standards Generator can generate gas mixtures from permeation tubes, diffusion tubes and compressed gas cylinders to simultaneously deliver one or more calibration standards directly to your FTIR, GC, GC-MS, Ion Mobility Spectrometer or any type of gas analyzer or environmental chamber.
A unique feature of the 491M is its capability of generating concentration ranges from sub-ppb levels to over 50 percent, from pure compounds using single-step dilution. The 491M can also humidify the gas standard or house special analyzer interface controls. The interchangeable modular features of the instrument allow the user to customize it to fit specific applications.
For low concentration mixtures, permeation tubes are used to generate a very small, precisely known flow of the component compound. This permeate flow is then mixed with a much larger flow of a matrix (or diluent) gas to form the trace concentration mixture. Using this method, concentrations from low ppb to over 1000 ppm can be prepared directly from pure compounds.
The 491M can be configured as a single "Base" module or as a combination of a base module and additional modules. A base-only module can be configured as a stand-alone portable instrument (model 491MB), as the first module in a three-slot standard 19 inch cabinet or as the first module in two three-slot standard 19 inch cabinets.
The "Base" module contains a permeation oven, mass flowmeter for primary dilution flow measurement, and dilution flow controls. Other modules to select from include: 1) a secondary dilution module for up to 20:1 additional dilution; 2) a module for blending high concentration mixtures (% levels) directly from a compressed gas cylinder; 3) a gas standard humidification module; 4) a module for analyzer interface controls; 5) a gas control module for converting the standard permeation oven to one which uses gas filled permeation tubes; and 6) additional liquid-filled permeation tube oven modules.
- Saves storage space
- One unit for many applications
- Saves time changing cyclinders
- Saves money on calibration gases
- Reduces number of cylinders required
- Reduces record keeping/demurrage on cylinders
- Easily customized
- Uses all blending methods
- Generates humidified mixtures
- Simulates complex process samples
- Supply high PM mixtures of solvents
- Single unit does multiple jobs - simultaneously
- User cannot outgrow it - add modules as needed
- Delivers PPM and PPB mixtures in a variety of background gases
- Reduces number of changeovers
- Limits use of high pressure cylinders
- Instrument can be set up at the point of use
- Reduces quantity of each compound on hand
- When permeation tubes are used, the compound is safely sealed from accidental release
- VOC standards to calibrate GCs used in process streams.
- Ambient air analyzer and CEMS analyzer calibration.
- ppb standards of methanol, ethanol & acetone for GCs used in ethylene & propylene processes.
- ppm standards of acrylonitrile, styrene and butadiene in air.
- ppm HCN multi-point standards for checking multi-point sampling systems.
- ppm standards for GCs used to control contaminates in speciality gases. Example: to check pure nitrogen for contaminates such as methane, H2, O2 and moisture.