Product Announcement from Leister USA
Leister's HOTWIND industrial air heaters are available in the HOTWIND PREMIUM or SYSTEM models. The maximum air volume can be manually adjusted up to 31.8 CFM via the potentiometer or through a PLC (SYSTEM model only). Both models can be used as either an installed device or a hand tool, providing a wide range of hot-air applications. Both the HOTWIND PREMIUM and HOTWIND SYSTEM can reach maximum air outlet temperatures of 1202F and are available in 120V, 230V, and 400V with 2.3 - 5.4kW output.
HOTWIND PREMIUM features include:
• Adjustable heat output and air volume
• Integrated power electronics
• Protection against heating element or device overheating
• Maintenance free, brushless blower motor for continuous operation
• Peak performance, even when run 24/7
• System interface for integration in closed-control systems
The HOTWIND SYSTEM is a more robust version of the HOTWIND PREMIUM that is designed for use in both open and closed systems. In addition to the features of the HOTWIND PREMIUM, this product also includes:
• Alarm interface to control the air volume and heat output, using 4-20 mA or 0-10 V
• Remote control interface for temperature or power set point
• Remote control interface for air volume adjustment
• Integrated temperature probe and control for even greater precision
• Digital temperature readout showing the set point and actual values (°C or °F)
Typical application examples include:
Drying and heating processes of various types.
• Heating conveyor ovens or heat tunnels.
• Defrosting frozen water pipes.
• Speeding up mixing processes and dissolving foams which can arise during
mixing and filling.
• Sterilizing of packaging materials such as bottles, corks and containers.
• Smoothing the coating on pills, putting a shine on chocolates and cosmetic
• Activating and loosening solvent free adhesives and melt adhesives.
• Separating and fusing of synthetic fibres and fabrics.
• Shrinking of heat-shrink sleeves, films, tapes, solder sleeves and molded
• Soldering SMD and thruhole components. Soldering copper pipes, solder joints and metal foils.
• Welding thermoplastic materials.
• Removing plastic mold flash and putting a shine on plastic surfaces.
• Igniting wood shavings, paper, coal or straw in furnaces
Get the Latest Flash player.