Product Announcement from Lucas Milhaupt Global Brazing Solutions
Handy One is a trademark for a family of flux-cored brazing materials that offers numerous advantages compared to traditional metal joining methods. It consists of a filler metal in strip form that is rolled around a powdered flux. Formulations currently exist for silver (and aluminum based) brazing filler metals and it is available on spools, coils or rods for wire feed applications and as preformed rings and shapes for automated production lines.
Some of the primary advantages of Handy One cored wire include:
- It simplifies the brazing process by eliminating the manual fluxing operation; this also reduces flux exposure to your brazing personnel.
- Joint quality and throughput can be improved due to the consistent application of flux and filler metal.
- Reduces heating time and secondary post braze operations, increasing productivity and throughput.
- Improved strength due to a reduction in flux inclusions at the joint interface.
- Reduces the flux in your wastewater effluent by as much as 75%.
- Multiple formulations exist for a variety of base metals, joint designs and heating methods.
These materials will join ferrous and non-ferrous metals including steel, stainless steel, copper, brass and bronze.